Home School Agreement
Our aim is to work constantly to provide excellence for every student. With a highly-trained, specialised team, we will support each student’s individual needs, particularly focusing on those students with mental-health issues, needing a safe, but aspirational, environment to recapture an often lost passion for learning and creativity. We will be pioneering in our approach to whole-school emotional intelligence coaching and support, working closely in tune with Parents/Carers, CAMHS and other relevant agencies. Our aim is to offer a holistic and individualised education for each of our students.
All schools and academies have a Home-School Agreement. The purpose of this agreement is to set out, in broad terms how students, parents and the academy should work together to ensure that every student has the opportunities to achieve the highest levels of attainment possible. Academy students and parents are all asked to sign this document to demonstrate that they endorse the general principles that are set out within it and to show how we all work together for the educational benefit of your child.
I shall try to:
- Attend every day on time expecting to work hard.
- Follow strategies and access support from staff when required and appropriate.
- Always do my best in all areas of my schoolwork, both in lessons and at home.
- Be ready to learn in every lesson.
- Follow the Positive Behaviour Policy and Academy Dress Code.
- Take advantage of all opportunities offered to me by the academy, both within and outside lessons.
- Show respect for all members of the school and all property within the school
I/We shall try to:
- Encourage my/our child’s regular, punctual attendance with proper equipment.
- Encourage my/our child’s learning through homework and other activities.
- Attend parents’ evenings and consultation evenings concerning my/our child’s progress.
- Get to know and take interest in my/our child’s life at school.
- Make the school aware of any concerns that might affect my/our child’s progress.
- Support the school’s Positive Behaviour Policy and Uniform Code.
Staff and Governors
We shall try to:
- Care for your child’s safety and happiness.
- Adopt a whole school approach to positive emotional health and wellbeing
- Support your child’s emotional health and wellbeing through a range of individualised strategies.
- Create a good environment for learning and emotional health and wellbeing.
- Act as role models for your child in punctuality, being prepared for lessons and relationships with other members of the school community.
- Encourage and motivate your child to do the very best they can.
- Show empathy and understanding in supporting your child’s needs
- Keep you informed about your child’s progress, homework, and about general school matters.
- Be open and welcoming and offer opportunities for you to become involved in school life.
A full version of our Home School Agreement can be accessed here.